Thursday, August 30, 2012

Featured video: "Blackmagic Cinema Camera vs FS100 Lowlight Shoot-Out" by Frank Glencairn



At Vimeo, the caption says: Blackmagic Cinema Camera vs FS100 Lowlight Shootout Sorry for the shaky footage at the FS100 part, but it started raining and I just grabbed the Fs100 and shot the rest hand held in a rush. I used a Samyang 35mm f1.4 at f2.8 and a Heliopan IR/UV filter. Lighting was the oil lamp on the table, a oil lamp about 8 ft away on the wall and a garden torch in the background. Changing the ISO on raw, doesn't make any difference, it`s just metadata (that`s the reason I just used 800 ISO), but makes a difference while ProRes recording. Of course I could have gone way higher with the ISO on the FS100, but why compare ISO 16000 to ISO 800? Regarding the speed of the camera, the FS100 wins hands down because of way higher usable ISO. It's the queen of the night, period. But the BMC gets a way nicer image out of 800 ISO, than the FS100. The grading was done pretty rudimentary. If I had used masks and secondary grading, I could have get even more out of it. But this is just to give you guys an idea, what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment